File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Procedure - Expungement of Misdemeanor Records
Authorizing a person convicted of a misdemeanor offense, not including
sexual offenses, to seek expungement of criminal records after 7 years
has passed from the later of the person's conviction or the
satisfactory disposition of the person's sentence; modifying the
category of individuals not entitled to seek expungement to those who
have committed sexual offenses; and eliminating the disallowance of
expungement in multiple charge incident situations.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/25 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- RECORDS -see also- LAND RECORDS; VITAL RECORDS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: