File Code: Real Property
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 649
- Sponsored By:
Residential Leases - Surety Bonds in Lieu of Security Deposits
Authorizing a tenant to purchase a surety bond in lieu of paying a
security deposit to a landlord to offer specified protection to a
landlord; providing that a tenant who chooses to purchase a surety
bond in lieu of paying a security deposit shall have specified rights;
requiring a landlord to advise a tenant in writing of the tenant's
rights at the time of the payment by the tenant of the premium for the
surety bond; requiring a landlord to give a tenant a receipt for the
payment of a premium for a surety bond; etc.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BONDS -see also- COUNTY & BALTIMORE CITY BONDS; STATE BONDS.
- LANDLORD AND TENANT -see also- EVICTION; LEASES & RENT; etc.
- LEASES AND RENT
- SECURITY DEPOSITS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Real Property
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: