File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 298
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Rosenberg, Barkley, Hixson, Mitchell, and Rudolph
Attorney General - Prosecution of Criminal Offenses Reported by the
Office of Legislative Audits
Repealing a requirement that the Legislative Auditor report alleged
violations of law by a unit of State government or other body that is
audited or reviewed by the Office of the Legislative Auditor;
repealing a requirement that the Attorney General respond to specified
persons regarding specified actions taken based on a report by the
Legislative Auditor; authorizing the Legislative Auditor to report to
the Attorney General any alleged criminal violation by a person
discovered during the course of an audit or review; etc.
- First Reading Health and Government Operations
- Re-assigned Judiciary
- Hearing 3/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 41
- Delegate Charles E. Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Sheila E. Hixson, District 20
- Delegate Van T. Mitchell, District 28
- Delegate David D. Rudolph, District 34B
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ADMINISTRATIVE AGENCIES -see also- ELECTRONIC GOVERNMENT
- ATTORNEY GENERAL
- AUDITORS AND AUDITS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY -see also- AELR CMTE; LEG POLICY COMMITTEE.
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- State Government
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: