File Code: Public Health
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Rosenberg, Hubbard, Nathan-Pulliam, Oaks, and
Stem Cell Research -- Donation of Certain Tissue for Research
Declaring the public policy of the State that specified stem cell
research be allowed and that further consideration of the medical and
ethical implications be given; requiring specified stem cell research
to be reviewed by an institutional review board; and making it a
misdemeanor, subject to a $500 fine, to purchase or to sell embryonic
or cadaveric fetal tissue for research purposes.
- First Reading Health and Government Operations
- Hearing 3/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 41
- Delegate James W. Hubbard, District 23A
- Delegate Shirley Nathan-Pulliam, District 10
- Delegate Nathaniel T. Oaks, District 41
- Delegate Shane E. Pendergrass, District 13
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- HEALTH -see also- MENTAL HEALTH
- MEDICAL SCHOOLS
- ORGAN DONORSHIP
- REVIEW BOARDS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: