File Code: Real Property
- Sponsored By:
Real Property - Residential Leases - Interest on Security Deposits
Altering the interest rate paid on a security deposit under a
residential lease; requiring the interest rate to be either the
current statutory rate of 4% annually or the interest rate paid on the
account annually by the financial institution in which the security
deposit is held, whichever is less; and allowing for a specified
amount of administrative expense to be calculated on the accrued
interest and retained by the landlord.
- First Reading Environmental Matters
- Hearing 2/11 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/13 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Environmental Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- LANDLORD AND TENANT -see also- EVICTION; LEASES & RENT; etc.
- LEASES AND RENT
- SECURITY DEPOSITS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: