File Code: Courts and Court Personnel - Statewide
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 138
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (By Request - Maryland Judicial
Circuit Courts and District Court - Bad Checks - Service Charges
Increasing from $10 to $35 the amount that may be imposed in a circuit
court or the District Court if specified checks are dishonored;
providing that a service charge may be imposed in a circuit court if
checks are not honored by financial institutions in addition to banks;
and providing that a charge that may be imposed for a dishonored check
in the District Court is a service charge rather than a court cost.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/4 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judiciary Comm.
- Judicial Conference
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIRCUIT COURTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: