File Code: Commercial Law - Credit Regulation
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 1056/01 - CGM
- Sponsored By:
Senators Conway and Exum
Credit Regulation -
Extensions of Credit
Prohibiting specified lenders and credit grantors from financing
single premium insurance as part of specified mortgage loans;
prohibiting specified lenders and credit grantors from making
specified loans without giving due regard to specified borrowers'
ability to repay the loans; requiring specified borrowers to be
provided with home buyer education or housing counseling information;
providing for the effect and application of specified provisions and
for the effective date of the Act; etc.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Finance
- Hearing 3/15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Joan Carter Conway, District 43
- Senator Nathaniel Exum, District 24
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BANKS AND TRUST COMPANIES
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- COUNTIES -see also- CHARTERED COUNTIES; CODE COUNTIES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- EDUCATION -see also- DRIVER ED; HIGHER ED; SPECIAL ED; etc
- FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS -see also- BANKS; CREDIT UNIONS; etc.
- HEALTH INSURANCE -see also- HMOS; MANAGED CARE ORGANIZATIONS
- HOUSING -see also- APARTMENTS; CONDOMINIUMS; MOBILE HOMES
- INSURANCE -see also- HEALTH INS; MAIF; MOTOR VEHICLE INS
- LAWS AND ORDINANCES -see also- PUB LOCAL LAWS; UNIFORM LAWS.
- LOANS -see also- MORTGAGES
- PUBLIC LOCAL LAWS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Commercial Law
- Financial Institutions
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 467774/1 (PDF) Offered on: April 8, 2002 at:
4:40 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- April 7, 2002: Third Reading Passed (46-0)