File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
- Sponsored By:
Senators Ruben and Astle
Alcoholic Beverages Seller Liability Act
Making persons who sell alcoholic beverages to a specified purchaser
civilly liable for property damage, personal injury, or death
sustained by a third party that was proximately caused by the
purchaser's intoxication; specifying the types of damages that a
specified party is entitled to recover; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Ida G. Ruben, District 20
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES -see also- AB-BY SUBD; SUBSTANCE ABUSE
- CIVIL ACTIONS -see also- SMALL CLAIMS
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- LIABILITY -see also- GOOD SAMARITAN
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: