File Code: Vehicle Laws - Equipment and Inspections
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 1049
- Sponsored By:
Vehicle Laws - Air Bags - Improper or Fraudulent Replacement
Prohibiting a person who removes from a motor vehicle an air bag or
other inflatable vehicle passenger restraint system from failing to
replace the air bag or restraint system with specified equipment, or
replacing it with specified equipment that the person knows or has
reason to know is inoperable or will not operate as intended, is
incompatible with or inappropriate for the motor vehicle, or is not an
air bag or specified other inflatable vehicle passenger restraint
system; and establishing specified penalties.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (44-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- SAFETY -see also- OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 8, 2002: Third Reading Passed (44-0)