File Code: Vehicle Laws - Drunk Driving
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 178/01 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Alcohol, Drug, or Controlled Dangerous Substance Related Driving
Offenses - Mandatory License Suspension and Vehicle Impoundment or
Immobilization for Subsequent Offenses
Requiring the Motor Vehicle Administration to suspend for 1 year the
driver's license of a person who is convicted of a second or
subsequent alcohol, drug, or controlled dangerous substance related
driving offense under specified circumstances; and requiring a court
to order the impoundment or immobilization of a vehicle used in the
commission of specified alcohol, drug, or controlled dangerous
substance related driving offenses under specified circumstances.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- SEARCH AND SEIZURE
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: