File Code: Family Law
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Pitkin, Conroy, Hubbard, and Rosso
Child Abuse - Investigations - Stay of Court Proceedings
Requiring a written report of child abuse or neglect to be made within
48 hours after an oral report of child abuse or neglect is made;
requiring a cooperative arrangement between the local department and
local law enforcement to ensure a thorough investigation of each
report of suspected child abuse; establishing a crime of the knowing
and willful failure to make a required investigation or report about
suspected abuse or neglect; etc.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Judiciary
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Joan B. Pitkin, District 23
- Delegate Mary A. Conroy, District 23
- Delegate James W. Hubbard, District 23
- Delegate Mary M. Rosso, District 31
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- APPEALS -see also- JUDICIAL REVIEW
- CHILD ABUSE
- CHILD CUSTODY
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- HEALTH OCCUPATIONS -see also- specific health occupations
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- SOCIAL SERVICES -see also- WELFARE
- SOCIAL WORKERS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Family Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: