File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (Departmental - Public Safety and
Criminal Procedure - Sex Offender Registration
Altering the definition of "sexually violent offense" to include
specified crimes committed in another state or in a federal, military,
or Native American tribal jurisdiction that, if committed in the
State, would constitues specified offenses; altering the definition of
"sexually violent predator" to include specified offenders and
specified persons; requiring a sex offender registrant who commences
or terminates enrollment or employment at an institution of higher
education to send written notice within 7 days; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (138-0)
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 4/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judiciary Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- INTERSTATE AFFAIRS
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- NONRESIDENTS -see also- ALIENS
- PUBLIC SAFETY AND CORRECTIONAL SERVICES, DEPARTMENT OF
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- SEXUAL OFFENSES
- WORK, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT -see also- COL BARG; HOLIDAY; etc
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 382716/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 27, 2002 at:
10:31 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 27, 2002: Third Reading Passed (138-0)