File Code: Family Law
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (Departmental - Children, Youth
and Families) and Delegates Conroy and Pitkin
Family Law - Child Abuse and Neglect - Failure to Report - Penalty
Making the knowing and willful failure to provide notice or make a
report of suspected child abuse or neglect a misdemeanor for specified
health practitioners, police officers, educators, and human service
workers who are required by law to provide notice or make a report;
providing exceptions; altering the time period in which the
practitioner, officer, educator, or human service worker must make the
written report; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judiciary Comm.
- Delegate Mary A. Conroy, District 23
- Delegate Joan B. Pitkin, District 23
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CHILD ABUSE
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- HEALTH OCCUPATIONS -see also- specific health occupations
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- SOCIAL WORKERS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Family Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: