File Code: Higher Education
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 819/01 - APP
- Sponsored By:
Public Institutions of Higher Education - Prohibition Against
Disclosure of Student Information for Commercial Purposes
Prohibiting public institutions of higher education from intentionally
selling, distributing, or disclosing personally identifiable
information of current undergraduate students for commercial purposes
including market surveys, solicitations, or telephone solicitations,
without prior written consent of the student or the student's parent
or legal guardian; providing for criminal penalties; etc.
- First Reading Appropriations
- Hearing 2/28 at 11:00 a.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Appropriations
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (140-0)
- First Reading Education Health and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 4/3 at 1:00 p.m.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMMERCE AND BUSINESS -see also- DEALERS; TRADERS; etc
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- STATE UNIVERSITIES AND COLLEGES
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 514264/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 23, 2002 at:
12:13 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 24, 2002: Third Reading Passed (140-0)