File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Rosenberg and Grosfeld
Privacy of Bookseller and Public Library Records
Prohibiting the search or seizure by a federal, State, or local
government officer or employee of specified bookseller and public
library records under specified circumstances; allowing the search or
seizure by a federal, State, or local government officer or employee
of certain bookseller and public library records under specified
circumstances; allowing the disclosure of specified bookseller and
library records pursuant to a court order in a criminal or civil
proceeding under specified circumstances; etc.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 2/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Ways and Means
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Samuel I. Rosenberg, District 42
- Delegate Sharon M. Grosfeld, District 18
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIVIL ACTIONS -see also- SMALL CLAIMS
- COMMERCE AND BUSINESS -see also- DEALERS; TRADERS; etc
- COURT COSTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- LIBRARIES -see also- ARCHIVES
- RECORDS -see also- LAND RECORDS; VITAL RECORDS
- SEARCH AND SEIZURE
- STATUTES OF LIMITATION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- State Government
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: