File Code: Taxes - Recordation and Transfer
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Patterson, Bozman, and C. Davis
Recordation Tax and State Transfer Tax - Memorandum of Lease
Providing that a flat fee of $1,000 for recording costs is required to
be paid before recording a memorandum of lease in the land or
financing records in lieu of recording the lease; and providing
exemptions under the recordation tax and the State transfer tax for a
memorandum of lease recorded in lieu of recording a lease.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 3/11 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Obie Patterson, District 26
- Delegate K. Bennett Bozman, District 38
- Delegate Clarence Davis, District 45
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- LAND RECORDS -see also- DEEDS
- LEASES AND RENT
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MANDATES
- REAL PROPERTY
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- TRANSFER TAX
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Real Property
- Tax - Property
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: