File Code: Vehicle Laws - Licensing and Registration
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judiciary Committee (Departmental - Transportation)
Vehicle Laws - Motor Carriers and Commercial Motor Vehicles -
Violations Causing Life Threatening Injury or Death
Prohibiting a driver of a commercial motor vehicle from causing a
death of, or life threatening injury to, another person by driving or
attempting to drive the commercial motor vehicle in a specified
manner; prohibiting a motor carrier from causing a death of, or life
threatening injury to, another person by requiring or permitting a
person to operate a commercial motor vehicle in a specified manner;
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judiciary
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (88-39)
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/26 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judiciary Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BUSES -see also- SCHOOL BUSES
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- HAZARDOUS AND TOXIC SUBSTANCES -see also- ASBESTOS; RADIATN.
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- SAFETY -see also- OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- WEIGHTS AND MEASURES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 832719/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 5, 2002 at:
10:49 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 8, 2002: Third Reading Passed (88-39)