File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Procedure - Videotape of Questioning and Statements -
Arrested Individuals and Child Abuse Victims
Requiring that questioning of and statements by individuals arrested
for or questioned concerning crimes of violence and child abuse
victims to be videotaped in a specified manner; establishing
prohibitions, procedures, rules of evidence, and remedies for
violations; allowing specified grants and funds to be used to obtain
videotape equipment and training; establishing the legality of the
interception of oral communications; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/12 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CHILD ABUSE
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- EQUIPMENT -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MANDATES
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- STATE'S ATTORNEYS
- VICTIMS -see also- CRIMINAL INJURIES COMPENSATION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Procedure
- Article - 41 Governor - Executive and Administrative Departments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: