File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Doory and Bohanan
Crimes - Commercial Electronic Mail - Fraudulent Information
Making it a misdemeanor to initiate, conspire in, or assist in the
transmission of specified commercial electronic mail that is from a
computer in the State or is sent to an electronic mail address held by
a resident of the State and that contains certain unauthorized,
misleading, or false information; specifying that a violation is an
unfair and deceptive trade practice; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Ann Marie Doory, District 43
- Delegate John L. Bohanan, Jr., District 29B
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMPUTERS -see also- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE; ELECTRONIC GOVMNT.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE -see also- ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER
- FRAUD -see also- FORGERY
- LIABILITY -see also- GOOD SAMARITAN
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS -see also- TELEPHONES
- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Criminal Law (Proposed - Text available when HB 11 passed)
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: