File Code: Insurance - Other than Health
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Finance Committee (Departmental - Insurance
Homeowner's Insurance and Private Passenger Motor Vehicle Insurance -
Standards for Cancellation and Nonrenewal - Repeal of Sunset and
Prohibiting an insurer from refusing to underwrite a homeowner's
insurance risk solely because of the credit history of the applicant
or named insured; prohibiting an insurer from cancelling or amending a
written agreement with an independent insurance producer because of
the credit history of an applicant or named insured; repealing
specified provisions requiring the Insurance Commissioner to conduct a
study and submit a report; etc.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 1/29 at 1:45 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 1/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Finance
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Economic Matters
- Hearing 4/2 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Finance Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- INSURANCE ADMINISTRATION
- INSURANCE -see also- HEALTH INS; MAIF; MOTOR VEHICLE INS
- MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE -see also- MD AUTO INSURANCE FUND
- PUBLIC INFORMATION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 717476/1 (PDF) Offered on: February 26, 2002 at:
10:50 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 28, 2002: Third Reading Passed (46-0)