File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 255/01 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Motor Vehicle Administration - Driver's License Provisions - Safe
Driving Credit System
Requiring the Motor Vehicle Administration to maintain a safe driving
credit system for all licensees; requiring the Administration to award
a safe driving credit, up to a specified limit, to licensees who meet
specified safe driving standards; requiring the Administration to
apply safe driving credits in a specified manner to offset specified
points assessed against a licensee; and providing for the invalidation
of a safe driving credit under specified circumstances.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Special Order 2/20 (Senator Hoffman) Adopted
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (36-4)
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 3/19 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- SAFETY -see also- OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- February 22, 2002: Third Reading Passed (36-4)