File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
- Sponsored By:
Courts - Motor Vehicle Torts - Seat Belt or Child Safety Seat -
Passenger Under 16 Years of Age
Providing that a prohibition on a reference to a seat belt during a
trial of a civil action may not be construed to prohibit a civil
action for damages on behalf of a passenger in a motor vehicle against
a person who operated the motor vehicle if the passenger was under a
specified age and not restrained by a seat belt or child safety seat.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 1/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 1/24 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIVIL ACTIONS -see also- SMALL CLAIMS
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: