File Code: Taxes - Miscellaneous
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 768
- Sponsored By:
Repealing the public service company franchise tax as to persons
engaged in a telephone business in the State; imposing the State sales
and use tax on the sale of specified telecommunications services;
increasing the vendor discount allowed under the sales and use tax for
sellers who are not required to but agree to collect the sales and use
tax; providing for the sourcing of mobile telecommunications service
to the State; exempting from the sales and use tax specified machinery
and equipment used by telecommunications providers; etc.
- First Reading Senate Rules
- Re-referred Budget and Taxation
- Hearing 3/21 at 1:30 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:30 p.m.
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMPUTERS -see also- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE; ELECTRONIC GOVMNT.
- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE -see also- ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER
- EQUIPMENT -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- GROSS RECEIPTS TAX
- SALES AND USE TAX
- TAX CREDITS -see also- CIRCUIT BREAKER
- TELECOMMUNICATIONS -see also- TELEPHONES
- UTILITIES -see also- HIGH VOLTAGE LINES; TELEPHONES; WATER
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: