File Code: Family Law
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 763
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Committee (Maryland Judicial
Interim Domestic Violence Orders and Interim Peace Orders - Issuance
by District Court Commissioners
expanding the authority of
District Court commissioners to include the issuance of interim orders
for protection pending hearings on domestic violence and peace order
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Judicial Conference
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE -see also- CHILD ABUSE
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- PROCESS SERVING
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Family Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 448173/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 20, 2001 at:
11:25 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 22, 2001: Third Reading Passed (46-0)