File Code: Public Safety
- Sponsored By:
Senators Mitchell, Hughes, and McFadden
State Prosecutor - Investigations - Homicide or Assault by Law
Expanding the authority of the State Prosecutor to investigate a
homicide or assault in the first degree on or after January 1, 1993,
that allegedly was caused by a law enforcement officer of the State or
of a political subdivision of the State, if a State's Attorney does
not take specified action.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Clarence M. Mitchell, IV, District 44
- Senator Ralph M. Hughes, District 40
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- HOMICIDE -see also- MANSLAUGHTER; MURDER
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- STATE EMPLOYEES
- STATE PROSECUTOR
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- State Government
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: