File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 58/00 - ENV
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 293
- Sponsored By:
Senators DeGrange, Dorman, Green, Hooper, Jimeno, Middleton,
Mitchell, Munson, and Stone
Criminal Law - Failure to Properly Bury or Dispose of a Body -
Prohibiting an individual from burying or disposing of a human body
except in a family burial plot or other area allowed by a local
ordinance, in a crematorium, a cemetery, or a funeral establishment;
and establishing specified penalties.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator James E. DeGrange, Sr., District 32
- Senator Arthur Dorman, District 21
- Senator Leo E. Green, District 23
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Senator Thomas M. Middleton, District 28
- Senator Clarence M. Mitchell, IV, District 44
- Senator Donald F. Munson, District 2
- Senator Norman R. Stone, Jr., District 7
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- LAWS AND ORDINANCES -see also- PUB LOCAL LAWS; UNIFORM LAWS.
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Health - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: