File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Senators Jimeno and DeGrange
Criminal Law - Theft - Third or Subsequent Conviction - Penalties
Establishing specified penalties for a third or subsequent conviction
of theft where the property or services that were the subject of the
theft have a value of less than $500.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (45-2)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Senator James E. DeGrange, Sr., District 32
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- THEFT -see also- SHOPLIFTING
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 118275/2 (PDF) Offered on: March 8, 2001 at:
10:47 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 12, 2001: Third Reading Passed (45-2)