File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 217/00 - JPR
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 485
- Sponsored By:
Senators Baker, Hooper,
Colburn, Forehand, Haines, and Jimeno and Chairman, Judicial
Proceedings Committee (Departmental - Transportation and the State
Vehicle Laws - Aggressive Driving - Penalties
Providing that a person is guilty of aggressive driving of a motor
vehicle under specified circumstances; requiring the Motor Vehicle
Administration to assess 5 points against a person who is convicted of
aggressive driving; providing that a person is guilty of aggressive
driving if the person commits a specified number of specified offenses
under specified circumstances; and establishing penalties.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Walter M. Baker, District 36
- Senator Richard F. Colburn, District 37
- Senator Jennie M. Forehand, District 17
- Senator Larry E. Haines, District 5
- Senator J. Robert Hooper, District 35
- Senator Philip C. Jimeno, District 31
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- AGGRESSIVE DRIVING
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 638076/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 8, 2001 at:
10:29 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 12, 2001: Third Reading Passed (46-0)