File Code: Elections
- Sponsored By:
Senators Kelley, Blount, Conway, Exum, Lawlah, McFadden, and
Election Law - Voter Registration - Felons
Removing the restriction that prohibits felons who have more than one
conviction from being deemed qualified to register to vote; and
altering the qualifications for voter registration for specified
felons who have completed court-ordered sentences imposed upon them.
- First Reading Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 2/1 at 2:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Economic and Environmental Affairs
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator Delores G. Kelley, District 10
- Senator Clarence W. Blount, District 41
- Senator Joan Carter Conway, District 43
- Senator Nathaniel Exum, District 24
- Senator Gloria Lawlah, District 26
- Senator Nathaniel J. McFadden, District 45
- Senator Clarence M. Mitchell, IV, District 44
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- VOTING -see also- BALLOTS; ELECTIONS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 33 Election Code
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: