File Code: Elections
- Sponsored By:
Delegate V. Jones
Voting Rights Act
Urging the U.S. Congress to amend the Voting Rights Act to ensure that
specified provisions that safeguard against extraordinary racial
discrimination in voting procedures are reauthorized.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 2/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONGRESS, U. S
- DISCRIMINATION -see also- SEX DISCRIMINATION
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
- VOTING -see also- BALLOTS; ELECTIONS
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: