File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 815/00 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Sentencing - Death Penalty - Murder in Violation of Protective Order
Adding to the list of aggravating circumstances to the crime of murder
in the first degree; and providing that it is an aggravating
circumstance if the victim was a specified person, eligible for relief
under an existing temporary ex parte order or protective order, whom
the defendant murdered.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DEATH PENALTY
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE -see also- CHILD ABUSE
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: