File Code: Taxes - Sales and Use
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Baldwin, Greenip, Klausmeier, Linton, and Stocksdale
Sales and Use Tax - Tax-Free Week for Advanced Technology Educational
Designating the week of August 3, 2001 through August 9, 2001 to be a
tax-free week during which a sales and use tax exemption for advanced
technology educational products purchased for use by students at
institutions of higher education will apply; providing that to obtain
the exemption a student shall present a letter from the instructor of
a course at an institution of higher education stating that the
product is required or recommended for a course in which the student
is enrolled; etc.
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 2/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Ways and Means
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Robert C. Baldwin, District 33
- Delegate Janet Greenip, District 33
- Delegate Katherine Klausmeier, District 8
- Delegate Samuel C. Linton, District 28
- Delegate Nancy R. Stocksdale, District 5
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMPUTERS -see also- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE; ELECTRONIC GOVMNT.
- EQUIPMENT -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- SALES AND USE TAX
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Tax - General
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: