CHAPTER NUMBER: 253
File Code: State Pensions and Retirement
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Appropriations Committee (Departmental - Budget and
State Law Enforcement Officers - Death Benefits
Providing for a death benefit to be paid to the surviving spouse,
children, or dependent parents of specified State employees who are
killed in the line of duty on or after July 1, 2000; providing that
the benefit may not be paid if the employee is killed as a result of
the employee's negligence; etc.
- First Reading Appropriations
- Hearing 2/20 at 11:00 a.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Appropriations
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (141-0)
- Returned Passed
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 253
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 3/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Finance
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Appropriations Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS
- DEATH -see also- ADVANCE MEDICAL DIRECTIVES; WRONGFUL DEATH.
- FIRE PROTECTION
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- RESCUE SQUADS -see also- AMBULANCES; EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERV.
- STATE EMPLOYEES
- WORK, LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT -see also- COL BARG; HOLIDAY; etc
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- State Personnel and Pensions
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 244066/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 15, 2001 at:
10:26 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- March 16, 2001: Third Reading Passed (141-0)
- April 1, 2001: Third Reading Passed (47-0)