File Code: Financial Institutions
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 1078/00 - CGM
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 601
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Wood and Branch
Deferred Presentment Services - Licensing - Fees
Requiring persons who provide deferred presentment services to be
licensed by the Commissioner of Financial Regulation; specifying
limitations on the fees that may be charged for deferred presentment
services; requiring a licensee to provide a drawer of a check a prior
notice and to document a deferred presentment service with a specified
written agreement; exempting deferred presentment services from
specified consumer loan laws; authorizing the Commissioner to impose
specified remedies; etc.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 2/20 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/6 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate John F. Wood, Jr., District 29A
- Delegate Talmadge Branch, District 45
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- AUDITORS AND AUDITS
- BONDS -see also- COUNTY & BALTIMORE CITY BONDS; STATE BONDS.
- CIRCUIT COURTS
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS
- DISTRICT COURTS
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- FINANCIAL REGULATION, DIVISION OF
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- LICENSES -see also- ALCOHOLIC BEV LIC; DRIVERS' LICENSES
- LOANS -see also- MORTGAGES
- RECORDS -see also- LAND RECORDS; VITAL RECORDS
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Commercial Law
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Financial Institutions
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: