File Code: Civil Actions and Procedures
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Burns, Vallario, Doory, Montague, and Dobson
Evidence - Negligence - Prepayment of Fine or Forfeiture of
Providing that evidence of a payment of a fine without an appearance
for trial or a forfeiture of collateral, in cases in which specified
traffic violations were charged, is admissible as evidence of
negligence in a civil action arising out of a vehicle accident in
which the traffic violations were charged.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Emmett C. Burns, Jr., District 10
- Delegate Michael V. Dobson, District 43
- Delegate Ann Marie Doory, District 43
- Delegate Kenneth C. Montague, Jr., District 43
- Delegate Joseph F. Vallario, Jr., District 27A
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIVIL ACTIONS -see also- SMALL CLAIMS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- HOMICIDE -see also- MANSLAUGHTER; MURDER
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- NEGLIGENCE -see also- MEDICAL MALPRACTICE
- TRAFFIC REGULATIONS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: