File Code: Juvenile Law
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Dembrow and Montague
Juvenile Court - Expansion of Jurisdiction
Expanding the jurisdiction of the juvenile court to include
proceedings involving children alleged to have committed specified
acts; repealing provisions of law authorizing a court exercising
criminal jurisdiction to transfer jurisdiction to the juvenile court;
altering the time frames for conducting waiver hearings; and
establishing a specified rebuttable presumption.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/13 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Dana Lee Dembrow, District 20
- Delegate Kenneth C. Montague, Jr., District 43
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- JUVENILE CAUSES
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Criminal Procedure
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: