File Code: Commercial Law - Consumer Protection
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 470
- Sponsored By:
Consumer Protection - Extensions of Credit to Students - Limitations
Limiting the total amount of credit that may be extended by credit
card issuers to students under the age of 23 years at institutions of
higher education; prohibiting a credit card issuer from increasing the
amount of credit that may be extended to the students under specified
circumstances; prohibiting a credit card issuer from opening a credit
card account for or issuing a credit card to the students under
specified circumstances; and applying the Act.
- First Reading Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 1/31 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: