File Code: Commercial Law - Generally
- Sponsored By:
Senators Astle and Dorman
Service Contracts Act
Prohibiting the sale of a service contract in the State unless the
service contract holder is provided with a receipt for the purchase of
the contract and a copy of the contract within a specified period;
requiring a service contract provider to register with the Insurance
Commissioner, file copies of contracts, and pay a specified
registration fee and specified processing fees; requiring that a
service contract provider insure all service contracts or provide
specified proof of financial security; etc.
- First Reading Finance
- Hearing 2/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 3/16 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Senator John C. Astle, District 30
- Senator Arthur Dorman, District 21
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- CONTRACTS -see also- LAND INSTALLMENT CONTRACTS; PROCUREMENT
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- INSURANCE ADMINISTRATION
- INSURANCE -see also- HEALTH INS; MAIF; MOTOR VEHICLE INS
- INVESTIGATIONS AND INQUIRIES -see also- CRIM BCKGRND INVEST.
- NAMES -see also- PROPER NAMES
- RECORDS -see also- LAND RECORDS; VITAL RECORDS
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- SECURITY INTERESTS -see also- LIENS; MECHANICS' LIENS
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Commercial Law
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: