File Code: Higher Education
- Sponsored By:
Teacher Shortage - Second Career Teacher Education Assistance Grants
Expanding the Economic Development Assistance Grant Program to provide
assistance to enable individuals who already have a degree and a
career to take the necessary courses for certification to teach in
areas of critical shortage; establishing requirements for the receipt
of second career teacher education assistance grants; requiring the
repayment of assistance for failure to fulfill the service
obligations; establishing the number and amounts of the awards in each
year of the program; etc.
- First Reading Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Hearing 3/8 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Economic and Environmental Affairs
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Ways and Means
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- EDUCATION, STATE BOARD OF
- HIGHER EDUCATION -see also- COMM COLLEGES; MED SCHOOLS; etc.
- PUBLIC SCHOOLS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 594232/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 14, 2000 at:
10:25 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 16, 2000: Third Reading Passed (47-0)