File Code: Public Safety
- Sponsored By:
Law Enforcement Officers - Criminal Offenses - Posting Bond for
Prohibiting a law enforcement officer who is charged with specified
criminal offenses from receiving any salary, payment, or benefit from
a law enforcement agency employer pending the outcome of the criminal
charge unless the officer posts a specified bond with the employer as
security for any salary, payment, or benefit received between
specified dates; and requiring a law enforcement officer who is
convicted of specified criminal offenses to surrender a bond and
reimburse the law enforcement agency employer for payment received.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BONDS -see also- COUNTY & BALTIMORE CITY BONDS; STATE BONDS.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- SALARIES -see also- OVERTIME
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
Not available at this time