CHAPTER NUMBER: 531
File Code: Vehicle Laws - Rules of the Road
- Sponsored By:
Vehicle Laws - Noise Limitations - Penalty
Changing the penalty for a violation of the noise limitations on the
use of sound amplification systems from a civil penalty to a criminal
fine of up to $500.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/17 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments
- Committee Amendment Adopted
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted (28-16)
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (33-13)
- Returned Passed
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 531
- First Reading Judiciary
- Re-assigned Commerce and Government Matters
- Hearing 3/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Commerce and Government Matters
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (108-26)
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- MOTOR VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 648570/1 (PDF) Offered on: February 29, 2000 at:
10:30 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 29, 2000: Favorable with Amendments Adopted (28-16)
- March 2, 2000: Third Reading Passed (33-13)
- March 30, 2000: Third Reading Passed (108-26)