File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 100/98 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Criminal Procedure - Destructive Device Offenses - Suspension of
Driver's License and Restitution
Modifying the time periods for which a court may order the Motor
Vehicle Administration to suspend a driver's license or not issue a
driver's license to specified individuals convicted of specified
crimes involving a destructive device; requiring a court to order
restitution for destructive device offenses under specified
circumstances; eliminating the juvenile court's jurisdiction over
children alleged to have committed specified violations involving a
destructive device; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/7 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRIVERS' LICENSES
- EDUCATION, BOARDS OF
- EXPLOSIVES -see also- FIREWORKS
- JUVENILE CAUSES
- MINORS -see also- AGE OF MAJORITY; YOUTH
- MOTOR VEHICLE ADMINISTRATION
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 16, 2000: Third Reading Passed (47-0)