File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
Crossfiled with: HOUSE BILL 483
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Committee (Maryland Judicial
Police and Criminal Records - Expungement of Records - Nolle Prosequi
Authorizing the District Court to order expungement of specified
records relating to specified criminal charges if the State enters a
nolle prosequi as to all charges in a criminal case within the
jurisdiction of the District Court with which a defendant has not been
served, unless the State objects and shows cause why a record should
not be expunged; prohibiting the District Court from assessing costs
against a defendant for specified proceedings; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 2/8 at 1:45 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- Returned Passed
- Governor vetoed - Cross-filed bill was signed
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/29 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Judiciary
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (135-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Judicial Conference
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURT COSTS
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- RECORDS -see also- LAND RECORDS; VITAL RECORDS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 428370/1 (PDF) Offered on: February 15, 2000 at:
10:18 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 17, 2000: Third Reading Passed (47-0)
- March 29, 2000: Third Reading Passed (135-0)