CHAPTER NUMBER: 500
File Code: Business Regulation and Occupations
- Sponsored By:
Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Committee (Departmental -
Secretary of State)
Maryland Solicitations Act
Providing the Secretary of State with specified powers to take action
against public safety solicitors that have violated the Maryland
Solicitations Act; requiring registration of public safety solicitors;
providing penalties for persons who violate this provision;
prohibiting specified acts by public safety solicitors; changing the
name of the Maryland Charitable Solicitations Act to the Maryland
Solicitations Act; etc.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 1/27 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- Returned Passed
- Signed by the Governor Chapter 500
- First Reading Judiciary
- Re-referred Economic Matters
- Hearing 3/28 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable Report by Economic Matters
- Favorable Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed
- Third Reading Passed (139-0)
- Sponsored by:
- Chairman, Judicial Proceedings Comm.
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- BONDS -see also- COUNTY & BALTIMORE CITY BONDS; STATE BONDS.
- CONSUMER PROTECTION -see also- UNFAIR TRADE PRACTICES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- FEES -see also- DEVELOPMENT FEES AND TAXES
- FIRE PROTECTION
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- REGISTRATION -see also- MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- RESCUE SQUADS -see also- AMBULANCES; EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERV.
- SECRETARY OF STATE
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Business Regulation
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 728871/2 (PDF) Offered on: February 9, 2000 at:
10:18 a.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Votes (Legislative dates are shown):
- February 11, 2000: Third Reading Passed (46-0)
- April 3, 2000: Third Reading Passed (139-0)