File Code: Public Safety
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 2/99 - JPR
- Sponsored By:
Weapons - Disarming Law Enforcement or Correctional Personnel -
Providing that a person who knowingly removes or attempts to remove a
chemical spray or baton from the possession of specified law
enforcement or correctional personnel is guilty of a felony.
- First Reading Judicial Proceedings
- Hearing 3/15 at 1:00 p.m.
- Favorable with Amendments Report by Judicial Proceedings
- Favorable with Amendments Report Adopted
- Second Reading Passed with Amendments
- Third Reading Passed (45-0)
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 4/4 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- WEAPONS -see also- GUNS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading (PDF), Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Number: 508278/1 (PDF) Offered on: March 29, 2000 at:
12:47 p.m. Status: Adopted
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- March 30, 2000: Third Reading Passed (45-0)