File Code: Criminal Law - Procedure
- Sponsored By:
District Court - Criminal Jurisdiction - New or Amended Charging
Clarifying that the District Court has jurisdiction over specified
offenses provided that a charging document is amended or a new
charging document is filed to remove any offense not within the
jurisdiction of the District Court.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Motion Rules Suspended for late introduction (Delegate Vallario) Adopted (116-3)
- Re-referred Judiciary
- Hearing 4/5 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COURTS -see also- CIRCUIT; APPEALS; DISTRICT; ORPHANS'; etc.
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DISTRICT COURTS
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Courts and Judicial Proceedings
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note:
- Roll Call Vote (Legislative date is shown):
- April 1, 2000: Motion Rules Suspended for late introduction (Delegate Vallario) Adopted (113-6)