File Code: Business Regulation and Occupations
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 899
- Sponsored By:
Extinction of Cigarette Vending Machines Act
Prohibiting the possession, maintenance, or operation of a vending
machine that dispenses a tobacco product; establishing a penalty for
the violation of the Act; requiring the Comptroller of the Treasury to
establish a program to purchase tobacco product vending machines that
were licensed as of July 1, 1999, for $4,000 each; requiring the
Cigarette Restitution Fund to fund the tobacco product vending machine
buy-back program; repealing certain provisions of law relating to the
licensing of vending machine operators; etc.
- First Reading House Rules and Executive Nominations
- Re-referred Environmental Matters
- Hearing 3/22 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CIGARETTES -see also- SMOKING
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- LICENSES -see also- ALCOHOLIC BEV LIC; DRIVERS' LICENSES
- REVENUE AND TAXES -see also- DEV FEES & TAXES; specific tax.
- RULES AND REGULATIONS
- VENDING MACHINES
- Bill affects the following Statutes:
- Business Regulation
- Commercial Law
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: