File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As: SB 9/99 - JPR
Crossfiled with: SENATE BILL 88
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Giannetti and Amedori
False Statements to Legislative Branch Units
Making it a misdemeanor for a person testifying to members of a
Legislative Branch unit, in a matter within the jurisdiction of a unit
of the Legislative Branch of the State government, to knowingly and
willfully falsify a material fact, make a false, fictitious, or
fraudulent representation, or make or use a document that contains a
false, fictitious, or fraudulent representation; imposing a penalty
for this offense; etc.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/14 at 1:00 p.m.
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate John A. Giannetti, Jr., District 13B
- Delegate Carmen Amedori, District 5
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- COMMITTEES AND COMMISSIONS -see also- POLITICAL COMMITTEES
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- FRAUD -see also- FORGERY
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY -see also- AELR CMTE; LEG POLICY COMMITTEE.
- LEGISLATIVE POLICY COMMITTEE
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- State Government
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: