File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
- Sponsored By:
Crimes - Homicide by Motor Vehicle or Vessel While Intoxicated or
Under the Influence of Alcohol, Drugs, or Controlled Dangerous
Substances - Penalties
Increasing the maximum penalty for causing the death of a person as
the result of negligent driving, operation, or control of a motor
vehicle or vessel while intoxicated, intoxicated per se, or under the
influence of alcohol, drugs, or controlled dangerous substances to 20
years' imprisonment or a fine of $10,000 or both.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 3/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- DRUNK AND DRUGGED DRIVING
- HOMICIDE -see also- MANSLAUGHTER; MURDER
- MOTOR VEHICLES -see also- ABANDONED; AMBULANCES; BUSES; etc.
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: