File Code: Criminal Law - Substantive Crimes
Prior Year Introduction As: HB 956/99 - JUD
- Sponsored By:
Delegates Barkley, D'Amato, Carlson, and Stern
Crimes - Assault on Law Enforcement Officer
Making it a felony to intentionally commit an assault on a law
enforcement officer under specified circumstances; providing a
specified mandatory penalty; and requiring penalty to be served
consecutive to any other penalty.
- First Reading Judiciary
- Hearing 2/10 at 1:00 p.m.
- Hearing cancelled
- Hearing 2/1 at 1:00 p.m.
- Unfavorable Report by Judiciary
- No Action
- Sponsored by:
- Delegate Charles E. Barkley, District 39
- Delegate Paul H. Carlson, District 39
- Delegate C. Richard D'Amato, District 30
- Delegate Joan F. Stern, District 39
- Bill indexed under the following Subjects:
- CRIMES AND PUNISHMENTS -see also- PENALTIES; SENTENCES; etc.
- LAW ENFORCEMENT -see also- STATE POLICE, DEPARTMENT OF
- PAROLE AND PROBATION
- SENTENCES -see also- DEATH PENALTY
- Bill affects the following Statute:
- Article - 27 Crimes and Punishments
- Bill Text:
First Reading (PDF),
Third Reading, Enrolled
- Fiscal Note: